I love making these M&M cookies for parties, work, or just to have at home. They are so easy and quick to make. Not to mention, I always get so many compliments whenever I make them. I originally found the recipe on Pinterest and the page can be found here. I have added a few of my own findings to the recipe below.
Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix (not cook-and-serve, not sugar-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup M&M’S, plus more for adding to dough mounds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for adding to dough mounds
Click the Read More Button below to keep reading!
- Combine the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, pudding mix (add it as a dry ingredient, do not actually make pudding; cook-and-serve and sugar-free are not recommended in this recipe), baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the M&M’S, chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 11 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Tip – Strategically place a few M&M’S and chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough to make the cookies more visually appealing.
- Preheat oven to 350F, and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for about 12 to 13 minutes (if cookies are smaller than, reduce baking time) or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t over bake.Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
- The refrigeration step is important! Tip: If you are running short on time , I stuck the cookies in the freezer to reduce the hardening time.
- Timing may vary depending on your oven. I’ve learned that exactly 12 minutes works for me. Cookies will be soft when they are taken out, but will harden as they cool.
- After taking the cookies out, I let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to completely cool.
- I also use a 1/4 measuring cup to measure the dough into balls. This size allows for the best bakery style cookie!
One thought on “The Best M&M Cookie Recipe”
They look delicious! I love m&m cookies! Thanks for sharing this recipe and happy new year 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person