Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays and I love dressing up for it. All through out college, I always wanted to go to costume parties but never really had any to go to….. until about two years ago!! Once I had the parties to go to, that’s when my creative juices started flowing. Thinking of a costume and then creating it is all part of the fun for me. While I am guilty of being your typical popular costumes in the past (cat, lion, Pocahontas), I always like to pick the most creative costume I can think of.
With that being said, here’s a look back at some of my Halloween costumes from the past two years!
Click the read more button below for costume details!
- Miss Universe?
If the only Selena you know is Selena Gomez, you are missing out. Selena was a talented Mexican American Singer who lost her life way too young. There’s a movie called Selena, that shows all about her life that is played by Jennifer Lopez. I love that movie! I remember watching this movie so many times when I was younger and the outfit she wore performing Bidi Bidi Bom Bom was always my favorite. I got to live out my little girl fantasy by making that own version of the outfit myself. That’s right, I glued all those sequins on, sewed straps on a bra, and did all the rest 100% myself. I’m happy to report that by the end of the night, my costume was still together although I thought for sure it was going to fall apart.
- Do you remember when Miss Universe 2015 was accidentally crowned? Poor Miss Colombia was incorrectly announced as Miss Universe 2015, and then a few minutes later, Steve Harvey crushed her dreams as he announced that he made a mistake. I came up with this idea first by thinking about what I’ve always wanted to dress up as. A beauty pageant queen yessss please! I then remembered that accident that happened that year and instantly knew that was the best idea ever!
- Business in the front, Party in the back
- This was definitely a different costume and one that not many people could guess that day at work. Someone thought I was a man in the front and a woman in the back (facepalm). Looking back that was actually a pretty good guess haha. Everyone knows about the mullet and this expression and being that I was dressing up for work, I figured how appropriate. This costume was definitely creative, outside the box, and something I had never seen anyone do before.
- Mother Nature
- I got the idea for Mother Nature from Pinterest. Originally, I had seen a picture of a fairy costume that had a tulle skirt that had lights in it. Lights?! I loved this idea and wanted to incorporate it into my own costume somehow. So for a while I figured I would just be a 26 year old fairy. But then the idea for mother nature came to me and I was able to incorporate the tulle skirt idea into it as well. I tried my best to incorporate the different seasons and plants into my costume. It may be hard to see in the picture, but my tulle skirt had lights y’all. I loved this costume and was feeling myself that night. 😀
- Clark Kent
- This was another idea I got from Pinterest and one that I thought was super cute and appropriate for work. I could still walk around the office and look normal and not stick out for my costume. For this costume I didn’t buy anything and used items all in my own closet. I borrowed a co workers suspenders and printed out the superman logo and taped it to my shirt. Wah lah! It was that easy!